On May 3, 2019, OSCE SMM mentioned in its report that on May 2, 2019 its short range UAV observed a Kredo-M1 PSNR-8 portable radar on the western edge of the town of Pervomaisk (58 km west of Luhansk).
InformNapalm OSINT specialists previously reported about the use of the Russian Kredo-M1 PSNR-8 station in the occupied territories of Ukraine. This station was seen in the occupied territory of the Donetsk region three times:
- In the summer of 2015, the station was seen in use by the “Khan” armed gang of the DPR terrorist organization.
- In October 2016, the station was observed in service with the “DRG Patriot” armed gang (previously known as “DRG Rusich”), which is staffed by Russian mercenaries and professional Russian servicemen.
- At the end of October 2016, the station was seen in the occupied village of Olenivtsi.
Kredo-M1 was observed twice in the occupied territory of Luhansk Oblast:
- Based on an analysis of the documents exclusively provided by UCA hackivists, we found that artillery units of the Russian occupation forces used this station in Luhansk Oblast in 2015. The documents provided detailed information on who and when provided this equipment to the units of the occupation forces and terrorists and how many pieces were delivered.
- In March 2017, evidence was found that Kredo-M1 was in use by the so-called 10th Artillery Brigade of the LPR terrorist organization (military unit L-23213, Luhansk, 2nd Army Corps of Russian Armed Forces).
Description and specifications of the system
Adopted for the Russian Armed Forces in 2002. Developed in 1995-2001. The developer is NII (Research Institute) Strela. Manufactured by OAO NII Strela. The station offers automatic detection and positioning of moving ground, air and surface targets (individual soldiers, units, armored objects, helicopters in hover or flying at low altitude, boats and ships of different classes), friendly artillery targeting.
Serviced by 2-3 people.
Operating frequency – 2 cm (J).
View area: range – from 200 m to 32 km; azimuth – from 12 to 180 degrees in 12 degree steps; tilt angle +/- 18 deg.
Target detection range: person – 7-8 km, tank – up to 16 km, truck – up to 32 km, artillery shell explosion – up to 5 km.
Average positioning error: range – up to 25 m, direction – 00-05 (0.3°)
Power consumption – 110 W.
Working time on a battery – up to 24 hours.
Weight – 51 kg.
This publication was prepared specially for InformNapalm.
An active link to the authors and our project is obligatory for any reprint or further public use of the material.
(Creative Commons – Attribution 4.0 International – CC BY 4.0 )
Repost and share with friends. Subscribe to the InformNapalm community pages on Facebook / Twitter.