Ukrainian hacktivists from FalconsFlame, Trinity, Ruh8 and CyberJunta cyber alliance have successfully conducted the operation on hacking the document server of the Russia’s MoD Government Defense Order Procurement Department. As a result, they have obtained documents with data on government defense contracts to be completed by the end of 2015.
According to cyber activists, to a great extent the operation became successful thanks to negligence of Russian Counter Admiral Andrey Vernigora. Hacktivists sent obtained data to InformNapalm team for analysis.
InformNapalm volunteers have processed the documents and put them into a table with the following parameters: Contractor, Contractor’s TIN, Contract Number, Contract Term, Contract Description and Amount Payable. This publication will not become a groundbreaking discovery, yet, we have a goal to inform the international community about the plans for defense procurement of the invader country that is also a sponsor of global terrorism
A quick reminder: the defense spending budget of the Russian Federation amounted to 2.501 trillion rubles in 2014 and 3.078 trillion rubles in 2015. The Russian Ministry of Defense planned to spend over half of the 2015 budget, i.e. about 1.74 trillion rubles, on purchasing new weapons. It is obvious that the documents given to InformNapalm for analysis reveal only a small portion of the defence spending budget with regard to purchasing new weapons, ans still they are quite informative. To download the file follow this link.
- Total amount of contracts is 81,111,022,793.66 rubles.
- The largest contract amount is 45,000,000,000.00 rubles; the contract is made with BSP JSC (Russian: OAO “БСП”) for construction and installation works. Presumably, this contract was signed for the construction of the National Defense Operations Center.
- The largest number of contracts (51) was allocated to Remdizel JSC (Russian: ОАО «Ремдизель»).
- The leader in total amount of contracts is BSP JSC – 52,751,642,560.59 rubles.
- Dominant business services under contracts are construction and installation works.
The contracts on purchase of new weapons, equipment and arms components:
- Vympel State Engineering Design Bureau JSC named after I. I. Toropov – 2,420,676,528.66 rubles. Presumably, this contract was to purchase air-to-air and ground-to-air missiles;
- Izhevsk Electromechnical Plant “KUPOL” JSC – 15,914,270.01 rubles. This plant manufactures and overhauls Tor and Osa short-range SAM systems; it also produces carrier-borne equipment for ground-to-air missiles;
- Izhevsk Electromechnical Plant “KUPOL” JSC – 21,619,022.38 rubles;
- Izhevsk Electromechnical Plant “KUPOL” JSC – 57,080,772.00 rubles;
- Kaluga Plant of Radio Technical Apparatus JSC (Russian: АО «КЗРТА») – 8,195,377.30 rubles. The plant produces AGS-30 grenade launchers, REDUT and POLET mobile signal centers, installations for antenna space tracking and control systems;
- Kaluga Plant of Radio Technical Apparatus JSC – 203,443,457.00 rubles;
Vityaz Machine-Building Company JSC – 10,600,640.92 rubles. This plant produces two-unit articulated tracked vehicles;
- Electroistochnik Closed JSC – 375,623,500.00 rubles. This relates to the purchase of silver powder for silver-zinc accumulators;
- Instrument Plant JSC (OAO ZIP) – 3,625,440.00 rubles;
- Instrument Plant JSC (OAO ZIP) – 49,219,313.00 rubles;
- Instrument Plant JSC (OAO ZIP) – 103,974,048.00 rubles. The plant produces on-board and ground-based voice recorders, special Navy equipment and aircraft electronics;
- Sokolskaya Shipyard JSC – 186,322,000.00 rubles. The contract describes manufacturing and delivery of motor boats. In 2015 this shipyard received defense orders to build torpedo recovery boats based on 1388N3 design project;
- Elektrotyaga Closed JSC — 177,190,326.10 rubles. The plant is the only Russian manufacturer of emergency/backup and cyclic lead-acid rechargeable batteries for Russian Navy submarines;
- Severnaya Verf (Northern Shipyard) JSC — 160,480,000.00 rubles. The contract describes manufacturing and installation of artillery mounts. Most likely, it implies А-192М naval gun mounts, even though this shipyard does not produce the mounts;
Spetsmash Plant LLC — 1,409,600.00 rubles. The plant produces aircraft ground handling special motor vehicles and command vehicles;
- Spetsmash Plant LLC — 1,517,000.00 rubles;
- Spetsmash Plant LLC — 23,827,223.16 rubles;
- Sukhoi Company PJSC — 1,391,675,971.41 rubles. Since the contract’s due date is defined as October 27, 2015 (according to the documents), most likely, it implies the supply of Su-34 fighter bombers. (On October 28, 2015, Sukhoi Company reported handing over the latest batch of Su-34 fighter bombers to the Russian Airspace Defense Forces);
- Radiozavod PJSC — 161,844,127.20 rubles. The contract involves the supply of Granit 7T-M2 item (as it turned out, it is a modern objective lens for Kh-29 air-to-ground cruise missile target seeker heads; the only reference on Internet can be found about its predecessor – Granit 7T-M1 electro-optical seeker) and autotracking unit;
- Radiozavod PJSC — 531,396,000.00 rubles;
- Amur Shipbuilding Plant PJSC (PAO ASZ) — 1,539,975.00 rubles. The plant is the primary and only major shipbuilding company in Far East Region of Russia;
- Amur Shipbuilding Plant PJSC — 4,603,442.05 rubles;
- Amur Shipbuilding Plant PJSC — 6,896,144.20 rubles.
Translated by Victoria Batarchuk
Edited by Christina Dobrovolska
(CC BY) Information specially prepared for InformNapalm.org site, an active link to the authors and our project is obligatory for any reprint or further use of the material.
We call on our readers to actively share our publications on social networks. Submission of materials investigations into the public plane is able to turn the tide of battle information and confrontation.