We have got some insider information from local Luhansk mercenaries who call themselves ‘militia’. We cannot disclose all the details we’ve received, as they can still be useful for operational purposes, but some of the information can be revealed.
The overall situation in the Luhansk People’ Republic (LPR), as described by the militant, can be outlined as the following:
- A new financial installment came with the last ‘humanitarian’ convoy. Most of the money has already been spent.
- Local militants actively participating in combat have just started receiving payments for November, 2014. The rest do not get anything.
- They get paid in the US dollars (perhaps, in order to destroy the US financial system 🙂 The pay scale goes like this: a private gets $350, a squad commander $400, a company commander $450.
- There has been an ongoing ‘reorganization’ of the LPR army since October, 2014. A unified command is being implemented (at the same time, those who refuse to obey it are “cleansed” out). New ranks are being established (soon, they will start getting additional pay for ranks). Also, new ‘branches’ of the military are being created (rocket, artillery, tank, motorized infantry, border patrol, etc.).
- Curators from the Russian FSB have arrived. Strict orders to suppress any protests are issued.
Thus, we can predict the increase of ‘cleansing out’ of unwanted field commanders and units; any ‘decentralization of power’ in the LPR and DPR is out of the question; everybody will be subordinated to one united Russian command. Moreover, any massive discontent and protest of civilians will be severely suppressed. The current command has even received instructions and directives from the Russian FSB. Any anarchy or democracy will also be harshly persecuted.
Obviously, this is only the beginning of ‘the sweet life’ for the population of occupied territories in Eastern Ukraine under the Kremlin rule.
Original article translated by Sveta Kemblowski.