August 2 is Paratrooper Day in Russia. Since 2014, hundreds of soldiers and officers of Russian Airborne Forces, attached to terrorist units of Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republics (DPR/LPR), have been fighting against Ukraine. During OSINT-investigations in the period of 2014-2017, InformNapalm volunteer intelligence community found that:
- Drilling Rigs of ‘Chernomornaftogaz’ Were Captured By The Russian 104th Regiment’s Paratroopers.
- Servicemen from Russian 45th Spetsnaz Brigade fought near Novoazovsk.
- Russian Paratrooper Lieutenant-Colonel commanded LPR Terrorists (audio intercept).
- ‘Ukrainian Berkut Officers’ from Russian Ulyanovsk Assaulted Crimean Parliament Back in 2014.
- War criminals of the 106-th Airborne Forces Division branded with Medal of Suvorov.
There are many other articles and investigations, confirming systematic approach to the deployment of Russian servicemen to the Donbas.
In Russia itself, this day never passes without scandals involving “the defenders of Russian World”. This year, the video showing a journalist of the Russian NTV television channel being punched in the jaw with the words, “My fucking country, we’ll fucking seize Ukraine”, has already become an Internet meme. The assailant was a heavyset man in a T-shirt with the logo of Oplot, a terrorist group fighting on the side of DPR.
This publication was prepared specially for InformNapalm.
Translated by Evgeniy Kalashnik, edited by Max Alginin
An active link to our project is obligatory for any further use of the material.
(Creative Commons — Attribution 4.0 International — CC BY 4.0 ). Feel free to repost and share this information with friends.