InformNapalm presents the images taken by a drone, which confirm the presence of Russian R-330ZH «ZHITEL» jamming communication stations in the Donbas region, especially around the towns of Makiivka and Yasynovata. The pictures were published by Yaroslav Krechko, an Ukrainian journalist, in his Facebook page.
In the summer of 2015, InformNapalm’s OSINT investigators observed the Russian R-330ZH «ZHITEL» jamming communication stations during the exploration of social profiles belonging to Russian soldiers and mercenaries of the «Vostok» battalion. We would like to emphasize that R-330ZH jamming communication stations have never been used by the Ukrainian army.
On June 24th, 2014, InformNapalm presented a video showing a Russian vehicle convoy equipped with military equipment for electronic warfare deploying towards the Ukrainian border.
The video featured the following equipment:
- R-330ZH «ZHITEL» jamming station
- RP-377LA «LORANDIT» maneuver and control, radio tracking and interference complex
- RB-531B «INFAUNA» for electronic warfare on BTR-80 armored vehicles
- «KONSOL» control and maintenance station
R-330ZH «ZHITEL» is used for the following:
- Detection, discovery and disturbance of mobile stations of the «Inmarsat» and «Iridium» mobile satellite systems
- Detection, discovery and disturbance of base stations of the GSM 1900 cellular communication system
- Jamming of navigation equipment for users of the satellite system NAVSTAR (GPS)
The aforementioned units can operate standalone or together with R-330ZH «ZHITEL». All of the mentioned signals within a radius of 20-30 kilometers from the main workstation will be interfered.
The map shows the area around the town Yasynovata with a radius of 30 kilometers. The pictures were taken by the drones in this area.
CC BY 4.0 – Original article written by InformNapalm. Upon reprint or reuse of the material, an active link to our project is desirable.
04/23/2016It is official, Russian army deployed R-330Zh jammer in the battle of Debaltseve - InformNapalm.org (English)
[…] is worth reminding, that in a recent publication R-330ZH ‘ZHITEL’ in Donbas According to Social Profiles and Drone Flyovers we have already presented evidence about this Russain AJS: a video revealing the jammer on a march […]