On April 3, 2019, the official Twitter account of the Permanent Mission of Ukraine to OSCE & UN in Vienna @UKRinOSCE published a photo of an R-330Zh Zhitel automatic jamming system and a Tirada-2 electronic warfare system that was taken on March 16, 2019 by the OSCE Special Monitoring Mission near the village of Yuzhna Lomuvatka in a part of the Donbas occupied by Russia. InformNapalm international volunteer community underscored the importance of such a unique find in the article: Latest Russian EW systems able to jam American drones spotted in Donbas.
Using the newly published photo, InformNapalm volunteers have determined the exact coordinates of the place where the above mentioned Russian systems are located.
The OSCE photo did not have coordinates, so InformaNapalm volunteers reviewed publicly available satellite images in Google Map and found the exact location of the place: 48.418126 38.511170. Interestingly, the Kung military trucks with radio antennas can be seen regularly on satellite images of the area. We can assume that the Russian EW systems have been stationed there for a long time.
Read more from InformNapalm
- Proofs of the Russian Aggression: InformNapalm releases extensive database of evidence
- Volunteers gathered evidence of 32 Russian military units taking part in the invasion of Crimea
- Advanced Russian artillery reconnaissance system Navodchik-2 spotted in Donbas for the first time
- Russia has kept its Zoopark-1 recon systems in Donbas since 2014 (PHOTOS)
- Russian soldiers who lost Takhion drone in Donbas have been identified
- Russian multipurpose armored vehicle Tigr, part of MK-BLA-01 drone system spotted in the Donbas (video)
- Newest Russian equipment in Donbas in aerial photo (photo and coordinates)