According to our observations, as well as the information and the materials by the “InformNapalm” team, the Russian side is preparing large scale provocations in several directions. We observe the activity of Russian troops in the occupied Crimea near the administrative border with Kherson region, as well as in the vicinity of Novoazovsk. At the same time, Russian military has become more active in Rostov region (Russian Federation). In particular, sabotage and reconnaissance groups of the Main Intelligence Directorate (GRU) have been pulled up towards the border; we also observe paratroopers of the 331st Guards Airborne Regiment of the 98th Guards Airborne Division (Kostroma, Pskov) and other units.
For example, units of the 8th Guards Independent (Mountain) Motor-Rifle Brigade (military unit 16544 of the Southern Military District, stationed in Borzoy, Chechnya) are concentrated in the area of Kuibyshevo village (Rostov region, Russian Federation). The units are staffed with hardened middle-age contract soldiers with combat experience and the appearance fitting the image of “DPR” and “LPR” fighters. The units were withdrawn to Rostov region for some time for personnel rotation and restructuring (see slide 1 – a unit of the 8th Motor-Rifle Brigade).
In Ukraine itself, in the areas of Donbas controlled by terrorists, we observe increased activity of militant forces and equipment. It is noteworthy that in several towns and cities controlled by the DPR and LPR terrorists, namely: Perevalsk, Horlivka, Stakhanov, Yenakijeve, – terrorists have painted identification marks on armored vehicles (in particular, on T-64 tanks) that resemble the white stripes used by the Armed Forces of Ukraine (see the slide 2, the photo was taken on October 29). Earlier those vehicles had different identification marks, namely white dots, which are used by the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation (see the slide 3, the photo was taken on October 13). It is possible that militants together with the Russian military are preparing yet another masquerade “show” with dressing
We would recommend reading the following articles because it seems that they are the links in the same chain of events:
- Intelligence Unit of the 8th Mountain Motor-Rifle Brigade near the Border with Ukraine (https://informnapalm.org/2037-razvedpodrazdelenye-8-j-msbr-gornoj-na-granytse-s-ukraynoj/) [Russian]
- Concentration of Units of the Russian Airborne Forces in the Area of Yeysk (https://informnapalm.org/1904-kontsentratsyya-podrazdelenyj-vdv-rf-v-rajone-ejska/) [Russian]
- ‘Truckers’ from ‘Rublevka’ – 147th Automotive Logistic Support Battalion (https://informnapalm.org/en/truckers-rublevka-147th-automotive-logistic-support-battalion/) (transfer of military equipment, including T-64 tanks, from Russia to Ukraine)
- “Tuning”. Another “Graffiti” from the Invaders: War Games or Preparation for Provocation? (https://informnapalm.org/2376-tyunyng-ocherednoe-graffyty-ot-ynterventov-uchenyya-yly-podgotovka-k-provokatsyy/) [Russian] (Russian tankmen from the 6th Tank Brigade use white identification marks used by the Armed Forces of Ukraine)
- My-my! Same old TANKS! (https://informnapalm.org/en/old-tanks/) (T-72 tanks of the 6th Tank Brigade with white point identification marks)
By Irakli Komaxidze
Edited by Max Alginin