Over the two year period of its activity, InformNapalm team has been able to collect a large body of evidence showing that in the pursuit of its imperial goals Russian political and military leadership repeatedly uses the same dirty tricks, reusing the same resources. Russia managed to provoke several conflicts immediately after the breakup of the Soviet Union, and today it is adding new elements of hybrid warfare to its existing arsenal and sharpening its dubious skills in the wars in Ukraine and the Middle East. In this report we will show you how a Russian contract soldier of the 7th Military Base in Gudauta (Abkhazia, Georgia) managed to squeeze into one year both the “Rostov” and the “Syrian business trips”.
Applying OSINT (open sources intelligence) methods and analyzing the VKontakte social network, we identified the profile that belongs to a Russian contract soldier of the 7th Russian Military Base in Gudauta (Russian-occupied Abkhazia, Georgia).
Personal data: Ivan Yurievich Ivanov, born April 30, 1995 in Spirovo village, Tver Oblast. “VKontakte” social network: (archives 1 and 2, album, contacts); OK social network (archived profile, album, contacts); phone numbers: +79040175152, +79407231467, +79407274240; Skype: ivan3549. Wife: Svetlana Minina; her social networks profiles: “VK“, “OK“.
Ivan Ivanov was drafted into the Russian Army in 2013. After his training at the Russian Air Force training center in Yaroslavl, where he specialized in “the operation of the 22T6 transloader of the S-300/S-400 long range surface-to-air missile systems”, he was assigned to the group of air defense missile batallions of the 7th Military Base, 49th Army (military unit 09332) of the Russian Southern Military District in Gudauta (Abkhazia, Georgia). Just before the end of his one year compulsory term he signed a three year contract at the same unit, presumably at the reconnaissance unit of the 4th mechanized rifle battalion, which is staffed by contract servicemen, in order to be used in a battalion tactical group. Currently Ivanov still serves in the same unit.
Here are the other sixteen reports confirming the participation of the Russian 7th Military Base soldiers in the illegal military campaign against Ukraine:
- ‘Bored silly’: the Russian Invaders’ Games in Donbas
- Russian Contract Soldier from the 7th Base Fights as ‘DPR’ Militant
- Russia Deploys the Military Equipment of the 7th Base to Rostov Oblast
- Massive Deployment of the Russian Troops And Equipment from the Occupied Abkhazia Is Registered.
- The Сover Story of the ‘Former’ Soldier of the 7th Russian Base Does not Hold Water
- ‘Cinderellas’ with Self-propelled Artillery Systems or How Russian Contract Servicemen are Posing as ‘Self-defence’
- More soldiers from 7th Military Base received Combat Medals after temporary duties in Ukraine
- Courageous Mikhos – 7th Base recon, Medal for Courage Awardee (RUS, POL)
- 7th Base Draftees Urgently Recruited into Contracts for Ukrainian Trips (RUS, DEU)
- 7th Base Servicemen Receiving Awards for Donbas Battles (RUS, DEU)
- From Mandarin Paradise to Ukrainian Hell (RUS, DEU)
- 7th Base Rocket Artillery on the Border with Donbas (RUS, DEU, POL)
- Medical Detachment of the 7th Military Base from Abkhazia Identified near the Border with Ukraine
- Donetsk Express – Identification of Russian Equipment and Armaments Deploying to Donbas
- Combat Crews of 2S3 “Akatsiya” of the 7th Military Base Identified along the Border with Ukraine
- ‘Double Strike’ to the Russian Officers from the Southern Military District
This article uses the original OSINT research by the international volunteer group InformNapalm.